At MyBite Vitamins, LLC ("MyBite" or "we" or "our"), we know that your privacy is important to you, and we want you to know that it is important to us too. So, we want you to be familiar with how and why we collect, use and disclose information about you while using our website, www.mybitevitamins.com, and our various social media platforms (each a "Site"), how we protect this information once it is collected, and how you can opt-out of some of our uses and disclosures of your information.
The information we gather about you enables us to process purchases and personalize, improve and continue to operate the Site. We receive information about you from various sources described below including, but not limited to: (i) communications directly with you through the Site or otherwise; (ii) your use of the Site generally; and (iii) from third party websites and services.
User Provided Information
When you use certain aspects of the Site or when you make purchases or otherwise communicate with us, we may request, collect and/or display personal information from you ("Personal Information"), including, but not limited to your: name, credit card information, email address, postal address, phone number, age or birthdate, and gender.
Website & IP Address Information
We automatically receive and record information from your web browser when you interact with the Site, including, but not limited to, your IP address, device type, internet provider, browser type, and cookie information. This information is used for fighting spam/malware and also to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Site (e.g. what link you have clicked on).
Generally, the Site automatically collects usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Site. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Site so that we can analyze and improve them.
Information Collected Using Cookies
Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. We strongly recommend that you leave cookies active, because they enable you to take advantage of the most attractive features of the Site.
Social Networking Service Usage Information
We use social networking platforms to communicate with our customers. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services (such as Facebook or Twitter), we may receive Personal Information about you that you have made available to those services, including information about your contacts on those services. Please make sure you are comfortable with the information social networking services may make available to our Site by reviewing those services' privacy policies.
How We Use this Information
We use the information we collect for the particular purpose for which it was collected, to provide products and services to you, process your payment information, arrange shipping, provide you with order confirmations, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, provide customer support, manage and improve our Site and products, to communicate with you regarding our products and any promotions, and to customize your interactive experience (including providing you with relevant advertising on our Site and elsewhere). Information collected may also be used to provide you with other information, services, products, or other materials you request.
We will not send you any email marketing communication unless you expressly consent to receive such a communication from us. And if you do sign up to receive these emails, you will always have the opportunity to "unsubscribe" from further email marketing messages.
How We May Share Information with Others
- Affiliates. We may share information within MyBite and with any affiliates.
- Service Providers. We may share information with companies that provide services on our behalf. These parities may use the information solely in conjunction with the specific services they provide for us. Some service providers may be involved in administering or supplementing our databases and will need to have access to your information in order to do so. For example, we may retain a third party to verify the accuracy of information within our databases or to gather additional information about individuals within our databases from commercially available sources. As another example, we may provide information from our databases to third parties who help us target specific advertising communications to you when you visit other websites.
- Shopify. Our store is hosted by Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell products to you on our Site. Shopify collects, uses, processes, and stores the Personal Information provided by you, such as payment information necessary to complete an online purchase on our Site, in accordance with their privacy policies. For more information, please see Shopify's Terms of Service or Privacy Statement.
- Other Parties When Required by Law. We may share information, when required by law or as necessary to protest our users. We also may disclose information to third parties in order to (i) Protect our legal rights, as well as the rights of the users of our Site or other; (ii) Protect the safety and security of the Site, its users, or other; (iii) Prevent fraud; and, (iv) Comply with the law or respond to legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity, whether or not legally required.
- Other Parties in Connection with a Corporate Transaction. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy. Outside this context, we will not sell any information to unaffiliated companies for their marketing purposes.
Third Parties that Provide Content, Advertising or Functionality on the Site
Some of the content, advertising, and functionality on the Site may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. For example: Certain third parties may serve advertising or keep track of which advertisements users see, how often they see those advertisements, and what users do in response to them.
One of the third parties that provides services on the Site is Google Inc. Like many websites, we use Google Analytics, a service that provides information about how many users visit our Site, when they visit, and how they navigate the Site once they are here. Google offers a browser add-on that enables users to opt-out of having data about their visits reported to websites by Google Analytics. More information about the add-on is here. We also may use other Google Analytics tools, such as Demographics and Interest Reporting, which enables us to learn more about the characteristics and interests of the users who visit the Sites, and Remarketing with Google Analytics, which enables us to provide relevant advertising on different websites and online services. You can opt out of having your data used for these additional Google Analytics tools by visiting this Page and opting out of ads provided by Google.
The Site is not directed to children and we do not intentionally collect any information from children under 13, via our website or otherwise. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Global Privacy Considerations
European Privacy Rights. Under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation or "GDPR", you have certain rights regarding your information:
- Right of Access. You have the right to be informed of and request access to the information we process about you.
- Right to Rectification. You have the right to request that we amend or update your information where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right of Erasure. You have the right to request that we delete your information.
- Right to Restrict. You have the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your information.
- Right to Object. You have the right, at any time, to object to
- us processing your information on grounds relating to your particular situation, and
- your information being processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Right not to be Subject to Automated Decision-Making. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or product a similarly significant effect.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights described above and submit a request, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the address below. We will respond to all legitimate requests within a reasonable period of time. We may sometimes request additional information from you. Please note that we may not be able to fulfill your request under certain circumstances, such as when it is necessary to keep your information to complete an order or meet a legal obligation. If we cannot fulfill the request, we will notify you of the reasons why.
If you disagree with our resolution of your request, you have the right to make a complaint to the supervisory authority in your country. You may also seek to enforce this right through a judicial remedy.
Information Collected from Individuals Outside the United States. Our Site is U.S. based and therefore, if you are using the Site from outside the United States, including the European Union or European Economic Area, any information collected will be transferred, stored and processed in the United States. Please note, that the data protection laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your country of residence.
Data Retention. We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements we are subject to, as well as to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. To determine the appropriate retention period for your information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your information, the purposes for which we process your information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Links to Other Websites
We strive to protect the security and integrity of the sensitive Personal Information collected via our Site, however due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
If you correspond with us by e-mail, text message, or using web forms like a "contact us" feature on our Site, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view the information you send in transit by such means. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail.
Opt In and Opt Out
You may have the right to opt in or opt out of certain of our uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. For example, when you are asked to provide Personal Information on our Site, you may have the opportunity to elect to, or not to, receive messages from us by e-mail or text message. You may tell us that you do not want to receive messages from us by e-mail or text message. You may tell us that you do not want to receive our promotional messages by clicking here. You can also opt-out of our promotional emails by clicking on the opt-out link within the email you receive. Please understand that it may take us several days to process any opt out request. If you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
MyBite Vitamins, LLC
9604 NE 126th Ave, Suite 2330
Vancouver, WA 98682
Effective Date: 10/01/2020
We may use different types of cookies to run our Site, including some or all the types identified below.
Preference Cookies. Preferences cookies allow our Site to remember information, such your preferred language that can be used to customize your experience on our Site. These cookies also can be used to provide you with information specific to your region, and may assist you in customizing our Site's appearance. If these cookies are blocked or disabled, our Site may become less functional but should not be prevented from working.
Security Cookies. Security cookies are used to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect user data from unauthorized access. If these cookies are blocked or disabled, our Site will not function properly.
Process Cookies. Process cookies help our Site deliver the functionality that you expect, such as by enabling you to access secure areas of our Site. If these cookies are blocked or disabled, our Site will not function properly.
Advertising Cookies. Advertising cookies are used by parties that are involved in serving other companies' advertising on our sites, or that are involved in determining which of our advertisements (or other parties' advertisements) to show you on third-party websites. These cookies collect information about your online activities, such as the advertisements you have seen or the websites or pages you have visited, in order to draw inferences about what advertising might be relevant to you. This information is then used to show you advertising that may be most relevant to you, including when you visit other websites not belonging to us. If these cookies are blocked or disabled, our Site may become less functional, but should not be prevented from working.
Session State Cookies. These cookies allow our Site to collect information about how you interact with our Site, including which pages you visit most often and if certain pages send you error messages. These cookies help us improve our Site. If these cookies are blocked or disabled, our Site may become less functional, but should not be prevented from working.
Analytics Cookies. Analytics cookies collect information about the usage of our Site. We use these cookies to improve our Site by, for example, learning about the pages people visit most frequently. If these cookies are blocked or disabled, our Site should not be prevented from working.